An asteroid the size of a small football field is heading right toward Earth.
According to NASA, it’s traveling at more than 17-thousand miles per hour.
This is a diagram of the path of Asteroid 2012 DA14.
Officials say there’s nothing to worry about.
It’s not going to strike the Earth on February 15th when it skirts by.
But-it will be tugging at the planet’s gravitational field, causing it to speed up.
Star gazers in Eastern Europe, Asia and Australia may catch a glimpse of the rocky mass with a telescope when it does glide by.
Incoming search terms:
- asteroid to hit puerto rico
- meteor hitting puerto rico
- puerto rico meteor coming sept/oct 2013
- asteroid hitting puerto rico
- is puerto rico in danger of meteor today?
- meteor heading to puerto rico
- asteroid puerto rico
- puerto rico asteroid
- is a meteor hitting earth in october?
- puerto rico asteroid october 2013